Saturday, March 15, 2008

Big Diff!


...so this really nice lady got me all riled up on the phone today. She said, "Oh, you're almost 45 like me, you sounded like you were so young on the phone -- like you're only 25."

Hello! Almost 45?! What?! There is a BIG difference between 42 and 45! Three can be an incredibly huge number! I mean just look at these two guys -- there's only about three feet difference in their height, yet you would never hear one say to the other, "Oh, you're almost my height!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know where you're coming from. Being grouped in a stinking category that wasn't of your choosing is not one bit fun. Still, I'd rather be grouped with those middle-aged 45 year olds than the one I recently joined.

The "Oh, so you're a senior" cetegory literally stinks. Like needing a walker, or maybe even Depends, is all I have to look forward to. Well, I'm not giving in without a fight.

But it can't be all bad to know you still sound and act like a 25 year old. From my perspective it would come out more like "Wow, to be so young and have so much to look forward to!" Perhaps it's the glass half full syndrome.

jenzai said...

touche! Spoken like the Mom that you are! Love ya! Jen

shawnalyne said...

Once you hit 50, a year or two really don't matter!