Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Go Team!


They say that kids need heroes to inspire them to greatness. I can see where that is true, and I also see that it's often kids who are the heroes that inspire me! This blog is dedicated to two of my modern-day heroes: Rachel & Alecia (published with permission)

These two amazing young people made a commitment to cheer for their school. Shortly after "jumping in" to their school year they found themselves at the mercy of an immature, unfair, ridiculing adult -- but they saw it through. Way to go!

It takes tremendous strength of character to see this kind of commitment through! (and for a whole year) You did it, and I'm inspired by you! Thank you! This passage is talking of a different kind of persecution, but the principle remains true that when you put your trust in Jesus, He is your Defender. He will always see you through.

Luke 21:12 "But before all this, they will lay hands on you and persecute you. They will deliver you to synagogues and prisons, and you will be brought before kings and governors, and all on account of my name. 13This will result in your being witnesses to them. 14But make up your mind not to worry beforehand how you will defend yourselves. 15For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict. 16You will be betrayed even by parents, brothers, relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death. 17All men will hate you because of me. 18But not a hair of your head will perish. 19By standing firm you will gain life.

No comments: