Wednesday, February 20, 2008

what's your minimum?


In our "image-conscious" society I hear a lot about minimums for staying healthy. Some people get started the moment they wake up -- you know, drop to the floor and do twenty. I was reading in the book YOU ON A DIET, (Dr. Roizen & Dr. Oz) and they say the very minimum you should do is walk at least 30-min a day -- NO EXCEPTIONS! Yah, well, my dog agrees.

Some say you've got to be disciplined, and dedicated to working out at least 20-min three times a week. Others say no, it's really 30-min three times a week plus 30-minutes/week weightlifting. As soon as I think I've heard the latest, there is some new information out there.

Fact is there are lots of friends, books, shows, & doctors who will give me "expert advice" on minimums for staying healthy...but I've got some different minimums to focus on.

What about the minimum amount of time per day spent with God -- you know, as soon as I wake up, drop to the floor and give the day right back to Him. What about the minimum number of times I hug and affirm my kids? How 'bout we sit down at the table, share a meal and talk over our day.

Face to face, eye to eye...30-min a day (hopefully more!) -- NO EXCEPTIONS. I'm still working on these minimums.

No comments: