Saturday, July 31, 2010

the experiment



This morning T.Michael was playing outside - suddenly he ran into the house, sped off to the bathroom, slammed the door & I could hear the sink water running at full blast.

"What are you doing, T.Michael?" I asked in my concerned-Mommy voice.

"Oh nothing, just experimenting!" he answered enthusiastically.

"Be brave," I tell myself as I pressed him for more information.

"Well, you know those orange and red flowers out there (pointing to the front yard, where the top flower of the tiger lillies had just opened up) I was just experimenting to see if you crush those flowers, can you make paint out of it."

It's OK, I tell myself, there are lots of buds waiting to bloom on the stem, so what if the first beautiful flowers got pulled off. It's not like that time when he was in T-ball and knocked all the bulbs off the iris stems.

We had a little chuckle together about the 'ole iris story when suddenly he got quiet and asked, "...you mean those balls on the stem were more flowers about to bloom?"

Big sigh...

1 comment:

Lucile said...

That's my T.Michael. His mind never quits!