Saturday, December 01, 2007

Hoy

Hoy sounds like "oy" because you don't say the "h" and it means "today" in Spanish. Today, there is talk of snow. Today McKenzie has plans to go to "high tea" with friends. Today DJ plans to paint her science project. Today T.Michael will be some kind of super-hero -- I guarantee it! Today Dave has a couple meetings planned at the church...But the absolute coolest thing happening today is that I get to use my Spanish!

Our church is hosting a toy and coat drive, and I've been asked to interpret for the families that don't speak English. What an honor! Because of where we live I get to use Spanish a lot. But this is different.

Hoy is a chance to warmly greet someone in their native tongue. Hoy is a chance to look at someone in the eye, and smile. Hoy is the opportunity to extend honor, dignity and friendship to people who might otherwise be hesitant to walk through our doors. Hoy is the day that someone might step a little closer to Him because of me...like I said, what an honor!

1 comment:

shawnalyne said...

Dios le bendiga, amiga!