Thursday, August 30, 2007

sucky

...so I got a little feedback from the neighbor/friend I helped write for a funeral last Monday. My friend's 7 yr old son came over to play after the funeral. 7 yr olds talk in the most precious way!

First he told me how he couldn't speak at the funeral. "I mean I didn't know I was expected to speak in front of those Army men," he said, "They had guns! BIG guns! So I wasn't gonna talk, huh-uh. Noooo way!" But then he followed up with, "But I did have a few tears, I mean he was my Grandpa. He was family!"

After reassuring him that it was okay to cry when he wanted to, I asked him if his Mom spoke at the funeral. "Yes she did," he replied, "And she asked people afterward and they said it wasn't sucky." (Hey, well at least we've got that going for us!)

No comments: