Saturday, August 25, 2007

funeral

Well, I experienced a first yesterday. A friend of mine lost her Father-in-law the same day we lost a very good family friend to cancer too. What a hard time. My friend asked me to help her write out what she will say at the funeral. She will be the speaker at his graveside service as his body is laid to rest at the Willamette National Cemetery. He was in the military and will receive full honors...so our job was to come up with something honoring for her to say as well.

At first I didn't feel "qualified" to help. But you know, I realized that because I know Jesus personally -- I am qualified! I thank God that He left us His Word to refer to, that gives us counsel and comfort in times like these! With some suggestions from our friend Pastor George (for which I am very thankful), we were able to come up with something she feels will be good and comforting to share.

...big sigh...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still can't thank you enough for your help on this too. You are a wonderful and caring person, who would do anything to help a friend. Thank you for that!
-Lesley