Monday, April 23, 2007

fly




Struggling. Its hard to explain why, but I've been struggling lately in some of my relationships. I was never really trained on letting people go. I'm not talking about my Mom, or my Sisters, but there are those other kinds of really deep, important relationships that form over time and then suddenly I realize its been two years since we've seen each other...and I struggle with that. I feel a little guilt, but mostly a sense of loss. I'm not sure what to do, should I write? Call? Invite? Do nothing? So I talked to Dave about it, and he gave me a great insight. He shared about how some friends are like birds who have taken flight, and you can feel great that you were part of their journey. (by the way, let's agree to leave all those bird-dropping analogies out of this one, okay?) Yeah, birds who take flight...that's a good way to describe some of my friends. Especially those young college-age people that I've gotten to know over the years. I miss them, I love them, occasionally I pray for them. Fly little birdies, fly!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Ahhh Jenn,that was very sweet. It also reminded me of a poem I wrote a few years ago:

If we can be wise
Accepting everyone
Has had a piece in shaping
The person we’ve become
Then we will be much richer
From all we’ve had to gain
From all the friends who fade
And all who still remain…
~J. Byerly