Saturday, April 07, 2007

Ahh, the genius of little boys


I was a little surprised when T.Michael's Sunday School teacher asked to speak with me. Even though Nancy is a friend of mine, I got that "oh no, I'm in trouble" feeling. This is new to me. As a kid I rarely got into trouble.


"If you don't want T.Michael to participate in the story or the craft during class, I would appreciate it if you would let me know in person."
Huh? What was she talking about? Then it dawned on me. This brilliant son of mine came up with the idea to convince his teacher that doing things his own way -- that not participating -- was actually my idea. Turns out this wasn't the first time this occurred. Hmmm. (so, what else is going on I don't know about?)


Okay, just to reassure you that I don't totally spoil my kids (although I do reserve that right!) I did have some "instructional time" where we discussed honesty and integrity, and he did apologize to his teacher...but deep in my heart I smiled. I never would have thought of that. I mean not even in my wildest dreams would I have even thought of his plan to get out of stuff. As much as it makes me a little nervous for what is yet to come, I can't help but appreciate the creativity. And the nerve. I love the genius of it all!
Of course I can't tell him that. Not yet anyway. I'll wait 'til he's dealing with his own little brilliant six-year old!

No comments: