Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Unchangeable



The Great Wall of China.

I'm told you can even see it from the moon.
(By the way, how cool would that be to actually know that first-hand?!?)

I got to go there once, it was very...impressive.

But as massive and immovable as the Great Wall may seem, there is only one unchangeable thing I know of. That is the one true God.
My God.

Lately I'm drawn to verses about this part of His character.
He is unchanging. Unchangeable.
I find this characteristic fascinating.
Especially in this day and age, this society of ever-changing
"improvements and advances."

What the world finds offensive and threatening about my God,
I find comforting. He is my refuge, my solace, and my strength.

In James 1:17 it says that "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

In another version of the Bible called The Message
(uses casual, modern language) it is worded this way:


There is nothing deceitful in God, nothing two-faced, nothing fickle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your entries are a blessing to me. I still marvel that God favored me by letting me know you, let alone have you as my very own daughter.