Thursday, October 01, 2009


The new sermon series at my church is about Jonah...but that's not why I'm writing about him.

Often when I need guidance I pray and ask God to please "shut the door" and keep me from the wrong decision. Then this morning I was thinking that just closing the door is kind of, well, boring. How 'bout something exciting like having a giant fish swallow me to set me back on course?!

There have been times in my life when I had to step out in faith. (like my friend Rachel who is in Mexico City right now -- love you Rachel!) It usually wasn't an issue of right or wrong, but more an issue of "Is that really You, God?" It's times like these I hope to hear Him whisper in my ear which way to go. But if I'm feeling especially stubborn or just don't get it, a big fish just might be the answer!

I realize Jonah's issue was very different from simply seeking guidance. But still I share with you this little rabbit-trail into my thoughts.

2 comments:

rach said...

Love you, too. Lots.

Anonymous said...

Do you need a CHICAGO opportunity?