Tuesday, May 05, 2009

One Tough Sandwich


I've been in a bit of a funk lately. You may have seen it. I don't talk about it much because it's hard to explain, and (sigh) I'm afraid there's really nothing you can do, I just have to keep moving forward. It's about a sandwich. No, not a real sandwich. More of a symbolic one.

You see, I had this awesome vacation last week. Got to travel, see friends, walk in the sun, visit Mickey Mouse -- it was great! Truly the kids, Dave and I had a great time together. (See Dave's Facebook for photos)

So why the funk? Well, on both sides of that great week of vacation, I mean literally two days before and two days after, I found out someone in my life died. It's not like they were super-close to me, but they were both young (one age 22, one age 8yrs)and beautiful, and I feel so sad for both families. In both cases I have family members to comfort and encourage. That makes for one tough sandwich.

Looking on the bright side, I'm encouraged too. Things like this make you look life in the face, and think about what you're doing. Is this really how I want to be spending my time? I'm thankful for my family, my health, and the opportunities God has brought my way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are an incredibly amazing woman and have had a positive, inspiring impact on those who've been blessed by getting to know you. I can state this for a fact because I'm one of those people. I can never begin to deserve the blessing the Lord bestowed upon me when he sent you into my life. Perhaps one day you'll be allowed to see the enormous, life-altering effect you've had on those around you. God blessed us all when he sent you to guide us toward him, Mom