Monday, September 15, 2008

new job

Great news: After applying a few different places - I have a job! Yay! I'll be subbing for Educational Assistants in our school district. I got fingerprinted and everything. Whew!

It's interesting how things in life such as job-hunting can really tempt me to go through a sort of identity crisis -- causing me to ask questions like:
Who am I? What do I have to offer? Where do I belong? How will I fit in?

But then I was reminded how simple a life centered on Christ can be! If I keep my eyes on Him and what He wants from me...and for me. More of Him, less of me -- even (or should I say "especially") in the simple, every-day matters of life.

I need only be identified as His. How? Well, in John 13 Jesus says to His friends:


A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen~
I'm so glad this is what the Lord has for you! I didn't have to get finger-printed...I'm jealous. I bet you'll even get called to work before me...jealousy again, but in a good way!
Congrats and hallelujah for God's timing and restoration!
Love ya muchly~
Melinda

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jen. I'm still praying. Have fun with this work adventure! Cindy