Friday, May 16, 2008

Narnia!

I had the privilege of going along with my daughter's 4th grade class to the premier of the Prince Caspian - Narnia movie and it was so fun...of course I'll have to go again when I can focus a little more on the movie but those kids were so much fun to watch!

Oh the POWER they seemed to feel, walking up to the counter and actually getting to choose what they want -- like a small candy and small drink for about fifteen bucks! (okay, really it was $8 but it felt like $15!)

Then there was R. and T., obviously year-long buddies who had to go to the bathroom twice since the "small" drinks are about a gallon each.

At one point I enjoyed watching a little guy in the front row turn around during the movie and scan the crowd with the biggest smile on his face. His eyes were big, and he looked totally taken with it all. Obviously a future movie director!

Two of the girls in my group kept getting up and walking to the aisle then sitting back down -- I asked them what was going on and it turns out they were just throwing away their trash! They pick now to be meticulous?! Still, I admire their sense of duty.

And then the classic kid-movie moment: The kids were totally grossed out when there was a very small kissing scene. "Gross!" "Sick!" "Yuck!" Their judgements were clear and quick. The adults not with the school group laughed.

...poor adults not with the school group...hope you saw more of the film than I did!

No comments: