Sunday, October 28, 2007

worship


I had an interesting conversation with the Lord this morning. I was telling Him I was sorry I had to "miss worship" today....
You see, this morning at 4:30am I woke up to find a crying little boy vomiting in his bed. Yes, I think it's yucky too. But I love this little guy so with Dave's help we dealt with the bedding, got him cleaned up and snuggled into a fresh blanket in the family room. I was "resting" with him (and dealing with an excited puppy at the same time) when the whole process started all over again.
Then my daughter woke up around 5:30am with and unidentifiable itchy rash on her arm, and again the puppy got excited...you get the picture.
So it's time for church and I'm outside hosing off the bedding, saying to God something like, "I wish I didn't have to miss worship today." When suddenly I felt Him answer, "You are worshiping Me."

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aww...I'm sorry to read about T's tummy troubles. Hope he's better. How's the rash?

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear T got sick! And tell Kenzie she and I are not only look-a-likes, but also arm twins: twice now (most recently, just a few weeks ago) i've gotten an unidentified bug bite-induced rash under my arm that's forced me to go on high power anti-biotics...

Kristen