Saturday, September 15, 2007

real ministry


"Do you think I have cancer?" asked my son's seven year old friend with all the seriousness that little boys should never have to have.


This was an important moment in his life. You see this little guy had just lost his 6 year old t-ball buddy to cancer the year before. His neighbor to cancer the month before. And his Grandpa to cancer the week before.


Now he's standing in my kitchen, rubbing an itch on his eye and asking me in all seriousness if he has cancer. When I take his shoulders, look him in the eye, and tell him with great motherly confidence that "No, you do not have cancer." I can feel God working through me -- Now that is real ministry, and it is an honor.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh Jen! That was so touching! Praise God that this little boy had the right person standing before him when he asked such an important question...