Sunday, June 24, 2007

my "shape"


My church has this cool thing to help people find out how they're gifted and how they might fit into serving opportunities in the church -- they call it: Finding your SHAPE. It's an encouraging way of looking at people's Spiritual gifts, Heart, Abilities, Personality and Experiences and helps people get plugged in and serving Jesus in the church.


I really like the tool; I just don't like what it's called. "Finding your shape" has a whole different connotation for a girl like me. I mean, I already know my shape. Generally it's called "pear-shaped. " But I call it Barney-shaped and I'm trying to fix it!


The good news is that contrary to common belief in our society, our usefulness to God and reaching others with His love has nothing to do with our little imperfections. I find great comfort that when I look at my "SHAPE" profile at church, it has nothing to do with big-hipped, purple dinosaurs! Hurrah!

2 comments:

shawnalyne said...

I thought you looked like Shania Twain with your new do Sunday morning.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Jen,

I understand the "Barney" shape but also remember his theme... "I love you! You love me! We're a happy family!" I personaly think that you give better hugs too! Catch you later!
Jerri H