Tuesday, July 22, 2008

overdose


... I have a friend who overdosed night before last. Don't really know how he's doing. To say I hope he'll be alright is an understatement. Do I pray for him? Of course!

To sum up a big 'ole jumbled mess of thoughts and emotions about my friend, I can only say it is really hard to watch someone do this to themselves and to us who love him! And yet I still have hope.

It's not that I hope because of who he is (how bright and how promising, even though this is true about him) and it's not that I hope because I'm a "hopeful" person (not really prone to optimism with Jesus' help) but I hope because of who our Savior is -- kind, life-giving, the One who sets the captives free!

Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.
(John8:36)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen! Sorry about your friend! I have an entire family with addiction problems and know this situation intimately. My prayers are with you and your friend!